Thursday, April 7, 2011

Larry and Will's Excellent Adventure

Larry and Will were fortunate enough to be able to go to the practice round on Tuesday in Augusta at The Masters.  It really takes a lot to excite my husband but this was on "par" with a chocoholic being given the keys to the city in Hershey, Pennsylvania and being told to stay awhile.  He loves golf and has always wanted to make the pilgrimage to Augusta to the most famous golf course and tournament of all.  (I guess this is no different than the time that I went to Memphis  so that I could see Graceland; I mean I think it's a law or something that if you go to Memphis you've got to see Graceland at least once.)

The Masters was everything that Larry had hoped it would be.  He was able to see some of the top players in the world on a day when they could be more relaxed since they were only practicing and they played more to the crowd than they will as the week progresses.  Will took some beautiful pictures of the landscape and I'm sure they don't even do it justice.  It almost doesn't even look real; it kind of reminds me of the "Disney effect" that you get when you walk through The Magic Kingdom for the first time.

I think it's positively wonderful when people that you care for are able to cross something off their bucket list as having been done and at the same time making a memory with someone they love that will last long after the list gets tossed aside and forgotten.  Memories and pictures...some of my favorite things.

What's on your bucket list?

1 comment:

  1. I just told Dennis (we are watching it now) that I would like to go for a practice round. He's been, but not me. It's not at the top of my bucket list though...that would be a driving trip through New England.

    ReplyDelete